youtubedirt.com: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Azrael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote

Fair warning this is gonna be a ongoing post. I recently purchased this radio site unseen from Amazon. While I am still learning how to use this and what I can and can't do I will make a note to tell you that according to the FCC you can not transmit with this radio unless you have a amateur radio license.

But as with all things in a situation that you would need to use this in a emergency then I would say all rules are null and void. What little research I have done so far tells me they can be used as Walkie-talkies but the FCC frowns on it.

A second note you can get the weather band on it once you find your local repeater.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:45 am Reply with quote

You get this programmed yet? I am actually in need of a good radio for emergencies.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:41 am Reply with quote

Recent update:
Programming is coming along there are several ways to do this but its not simple but not really hard. Still no go on the license right now but I have noticed that I get better signal in certain areas. No experimentation yet out in the woods but for local traffic it is pretty decent.

Waiting for a chance to try the walkie-talkie function but need another person with the same radio to test it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote

Define same. I am currently looking at this --> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YMN0ZP6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1BREQ8I6OHSBG

View next topic
View previous topic